Monday, March 16, 2009

The Grocery Game

So I'm beginning to see the direction this blog is taking...not just gabbing about my online selling but sharing tips and thoughts on different ways to save money! And make money. (hopefully)
Today I went grocery shopping. Not my favorite thing in the world. But recently I discovered The Grocery Game.
Yes it involves clipping coupons and making lists. But the great thing...all the brainwork is done for you!! And I need all the help I can get.
The thought behind this site is to stock up on items when you can get them dirt cheap...and then you'll have them when you really need them. The Grocery Game provides a list of items every Sunday for a store in your area. (and the areas are growing) For me, that store is Albertsons. I have until Tuesday to get the best deals. That's because Albertson's flyer goes from Tues to Tues. But another store may work differently.
The list tells you what items are a good price and which are a fantastic price and probably the lowest you'll find for a few months. It has you combine store sales, store coupons and manufacturers coupons so some things even end up being close to free!! But the list tells you where to find the coupons..so start saving your Sunday paper inserts! And I discovered that Albertson's takes other store's coupons, so I can clip coupons from Safeway and Fred Meyer and use them all in one place!! Saves gas!
Yes the list costs money. But you can do a 4 week trial for $1. After that (for me anyway) it's $10 every 3 months. You easily earn that back in one week's shopping.
You can even add on a list for a drug store like Walgreens or Rite Aid and get cosmetics super cheap!
Just be careful to buy only what you normally use no matter how cheap something is!! Stocking up on canned garbanzo beans because they're $.19 a can is useless unless you're gonna use them!
So how did I do today? Well I spent $68.26 but I saved...$72.29. Awesome. And I bought name brands..Starbucks, Woolite, Cottonelle, Birds Eye, Nabisco...
Shopping has never been so fun.

2 comments:

Jack Glen said...

you can save lots while online shopping by using free grocery printable coupons at www.clickmycoupon.com and get huge discount on every grocery item

Anonymous said...

Good job!!!!