Sunday, December 28, 2008
And then Auctiva is opening stores in January. Should I do one of those? If so, which other shop should I give up? Have I given them enough of a chance?
Well, I'm just rambling. I haven't blogged in sooooo long and wasn't sure what to write about. My head is so full. So I need some concrete goals to put down here.
1) Blog more often.
2) Blog more meaningfully.
3)Focus efforts. Work smarter, not harder!
5) Focus on great customer service! Get repeat customers.
6) Clear out clutter!
7) Go to bed earlier.
Friday, December 12, 2008
Do you need some owl playing cards? Or a vintage wall plaque? (i have two).
What about a nice Lefton figurine?
Come check it out!! Great prices!!
Thursday, December 4, 2008
So the only way to figure out what to do is to try them out! So today I opened on Artfire.
I only have two items there so far. I intend to add more. I love their one-page listing format. It's great! They are a little buggy...but they're still in Beta so that's to be expected. But everyone raves about the stats. Next to try ShopHandmade and see how that goes! I'll be blogging about it!
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Like my treasury? It's titled "Reflections". My very first time trying to snag a Treasury, and it worked! I just happened to be on Twitter and someone tweeted that the Treasury was opening soon. I wandered over there just out of curiosity...then decided to try for one. You know, just to see what it looked like. Had my title ready, as was suggested and BAM! got it. I also had my Treasury laid out in Poster Sketch..so that helped too.
Let me know what you all think!
Monday, November 17, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Ok, so the toy on the left represents the toys I played with as a kid. The Little People were...little. The toy on the right represents today's Little People. Larger. No, not a statement about childhood obesity, but a safer, choke-free toy.
The other day, I heard my 1 1/2 year old chewing on something. I turned around, and the toy on the left was COMPLETELY inside his mouth. I'm not even sure where I left it, that he could find it. And I'm not even sure what possessed him to want to put it in his mouth.
But it got me thinking about how we survived our own childhoods. There are tons of items that we would look at horror-stricken if they were given to our own children, but we gleefully played with ourselves. Our car seats were not comfortable, no padding, no cushioning. Our paint had lead in it. We rode bikes with the wind blowing through our hair.
And amazingly, most of us survived it.
Friday, October 31, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Monday, October 27, 2008
The featured stores are:
Bianca Venice Photography
Signs of my Life
The Unlikely Nest
Deer Path Vintage
Creative with Clay
Sara Grein Photography
Times Gone By
Kaw said the Krow
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Monday, October 20, 2008
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Here's how tagging works:
1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
My seven random facts:
- I get chills and freak out if I hear or even think about someone rubbing a paper towel on their teeth.
- I graduated a year early and had the third highest grade point average.
- I love dipping french fries into the ketchup packet.
- Peanut butter and pickle sandwiches are the BEST.
- My son's middle name, Carter, was my maiden name.
- I once won a poetry contest and was published in some silly anthology..."Poetic Voices of America"
- My pet peeve is bad spelling in public places.
Tag, You're It!
- walker street vintage
- must love etsy
- fifty acorns
- one world organic clothing
- Michelle Brunner
- earrings, anyone?
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Thursday, October 9, 2008
- Is it to create a sense of urgency, thus more motivation?
- To get that 'rush'...a feeling of excitement?
- Being overextended?
- Only do things when you feel like doing them?
- Lack of self-discipline?
- Fear of criticism or failure?
It's important to always think of the consequences. Pressure, anxiety, quality suffers or the inability to relax during free time. There's that nagging feeling that something isn't done.
But what can we do? How do we catch the thief?
Here are some suggestions from other people and some ideas of my own:
- Make a list. The night before, write down specific items you want or need to accomplish. You'll feel progress as you check things off. Prioritize the items and even mark what time of day is best to accomplish them.
- Figure out how to tell time. Be realistic on how long things take. Use a timer...(my favorite suggestion) Anyone can fold clothes for 15 minutes! When the timer goes off, you're done. Or you're on a roll and can keep going.
- Delegate. If you're truly overextended, try to share the load.
- Break down large projects into smaller. Instead of saying " I need to list items tomorrow" say.."I need to take pictures of 5 items tomorrow"
- Reward yourself. Plan on an uninterrupted stretch of productive work. Then when you've accomplished it, reward yourself...take a break, read a book, take a walk..check out the forums!!!
Anyway, just a few ideas that I hope will help! Now finish reading this and get back to work!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
We'll get to rest a bit while we're there. Lots of shopping and my husband should get to fish. Mom loves thrift stores so we get along great! She's looking into setting up a store on etsy as well and so I'll probably help her with that. She's an amazing artist.
The train will be fun. We go at night so we won't see the scenery but at least we don't waste a day driving. And it's cheaper than gas!!
I'll post any cool finds when I get back!
Monday, October 6, 2008
I have had a blog before, but I think I abandoned it after 2 or 3 posts. But I think this could actually be kind of fun now.
I'm now a SAHM (not that that gives me more time to blog...) but I am trying to build a SAHB (stay at home business) selling things on etsy and ebay.
Having had some success on ebay, some months better than others, I decided to carve a niche for myself on etsy. I like their community and I love checking out everyone's artwork. People's talent is amazing.
I have two etsy stores...one selling my original photo art greeting cards...and the other selling vintage items and ephemera and assemblage art supplies.
http://www.fishboneimages.etsy.com and http://vyeshi.etsy.com
Anyway, i think I'll end this now and save some other topics for another day!!