Thursday, October 30, 2008

Games People Play




I love the fact that people are creating new things out of the old. Call it recycling, repurposing, upcycling or what you will, it's just a darn good idea. There is too much STUFF already in the world. Go to any thrift store and you'll see what i mean. Most of it is junk. But anyone who can repurpose something that others would just throw away is to be commended.


On etsy, I've seen some great ideas and future blogs will feature some of these. I love the fact that old game pieces can be reused. A game missing some pieces would normally be thrown out. But not those Scrabble tile pendant makers! Those Monopoly die-cast pieces jewelry makers!


Ok, now I'm babbling...time to go to bed.




2 comments:

Who's B? said...

Oohhh....I love this too. Monopoly piece pendants are fun! I have also seen journals made from old games boards, boxes too.

I would love a giant tiered chandelier made from Monopoly money. Or a rain poncho from a Twister mat! LOL

Vyeshi said...

Great ideas!!