Friday, October 31, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Monday, October 27, 2008
The featured stores are:
Bianca Venice Photography
Signs of my Life
The Unlikely Nest
Deer Path Vintage
Creative with Clay
Sara Grein Photography
Times Gone By
Kaw said the Krow
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Monday, October 20, 2008
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Here's how tagging works:
1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
My seven random facts:
- I get chills and freak out if I hear or even think about someone rubbing a paper towel on their teeth.
- I graduated a year early and had the third highest grade point average.
- I love dipping french fries into the ketchup packet.
- Peanut butter and pickle sandwiches are the BEST.
- My son's middle name, Carter, was my maiden name.
- I once won a poetry contest and was published in some silly anthology..."Poetic Voices of America"
- My pet peeve is bad spelling in public places.
Tag, You're It!
- walker street vintage
- must love etsy
- fifty acorns
- one world organic clothing
- Michelle Brunner
- earrings, anyone?
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Thursday, October 9, 2008
- Is it to create a sense of urgency, thus more motivation?
- To get that 'rush'...a feeling of excitement?
- Being overextended?
- Only do things when you feel like doing them?
- Lack of self-discipline?
- Fear of criticism or failure?
It's important to always think of the consequences. Pressure, anxiety, quality suffers or the inability to relax during free time. There's that nagging feeling that something isn't done.
But what can we do? How do we catch the thief?
Here are some suggestions from other people and some ideas of my own:
- Make a list. The night before, write down specific items you want or need to accomplish. You'll feel progress as you check things off. Prioritize the items and even mark what time of day is best to accomplish them.
- Figure out how to tell time. Be realistic on how long things take. Use a timer...(my favorite suggestion) Anyone can fold clothes for 15 minutes! When the timer goes off, you're done. Or you're on a roll and can keep going.
- Delegate. If you're truly overextended, try to share the load.
- Break down large projects into smaller. Instead of saying " I need to list items tomorrow" say.."I need to take pictures of 5 items tomorrow"
- Reward yourself. Plan on an uninterrupted stretch of productive work. Then when you've accomplished it, reward yourself...take a break, read a book, take a walk..check out the forums!!!
Anyway, just a few ideas that I hope will help! Now finish reading this and get back to work!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
We'll get to rest a bit while we're there. Lots of shopping and my husband should get to fish. Mom loves thrift stores so we get along great! She's looking into setting up a store on etsy as well and so I'll probably help her with that. She's an amazing artist.
The train will be fun. We go at night so we won't see the scenery but at least we don't waste a day driving. And it's cheaper than gas!!
I'll post any cool finds when I get back!
Monday, October 6, 2008
I have had a blog before, but I think I abandoned it after 2 or 3 posts. But I think this could actually be kind of fun now.
I'm now a SAHM (not that that gives me more time to blog...) but I am trying to build a SAHB (stay at home business) selling things on etsy and ebay.
Having had some success on ebay, some months better than others, I decided to carve a niche for myself on etsy. I like their community and I love checking out everyone's artwork. People's talent is amazing.
I have two etsy stores...one selling my original photo art greeting cards...and the other selling vintage items and ephemera and assemblage art supplies.
http://www.fishboneimages.etsy.com and http://vyeshi.etsy.com
Anyway, i think I'll end this now and save some other topics for another day!!